Search found 10 matches
- Sun Sep 27, 2026 4:42 pm
- Forum: Late model JD crawler technical support
- Topic: A old 455-E help.
- Replies: 19
- Views: 602
Re: A old 455-E help.
Jim, I’m not giving my tight brother no dinner money because he’s not paying me a dime for doing all this work 😀. Even though I guess I should help with the book, because I have a feeling this isn’t going to be the end of working on it 😄 and the book would be very helpful to me and save a lot of hea...
- Sat Sep 26, 2026 12:11 pm
- Forum: Late model JD crawler technical support
- Topic: A old 455-E help.
- Replies: 19
- Views: 602
Re: A old 455-E help.
Jim this is AWESOME! It’s the exact same copy I have but I can read your, it’s got everything I need to put it together properly. Thank you Sir, you have been so helpful with this project and I can’t thank you enough for everything. I’m very serious about buying you & your wife dinner. The only way ...
- Fri Sep 25, 2026 7:06 pm
- Forum: Late model JD crawler technical support
- Topic: A old 455-E help.
- Replies: 19
- Views: 602
Re: A old 455-E help.
Sorry Jim I’m not very good with computers and I couldn’t attach the picture
♂️. I guess it doesn’t matter because you can’t read the fine print
♂️, but thanks again
- Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:52 pm
- Forum: Late model JD crawler technical support
- Topic: A old 455-E help.
- Replies: 19
- Views: 602
Re: A old 455-E help.
Thank you Jim, that is great information and I’m going to copy your last post and send it to my brother to hopefully make a believer out of him 😄. He hates to spend money on a book when he thinks they’re all basically the same machine and he so dog gone hard headed 😄. I believe he doesn’t have faith...
- Fri Sep 25, 2026 2:37 pm
- Forum: Late model JD crawler technical support
- Topic: A old 455-E help.
- Replies: 19
- Views: 602
Re: A old 455-E help.
I tried looking on TractorData. Com and I only saw farm tractors and lawn tractors
♂️. Am I looking at the wrong place?
- Fri Sep 25, 2026 2:30 pm
- Forum: Late model JD crawler technical support
- Topic: A old 455-E help.
- Replies: 19
- Views: 602
Re: A old 455-E help.
Thanks again for your help, it’s great to have a forum like this 👍. I’m just about to the point of doing what you suggested and make my own wiring. I’ve got several things put together and working but I’m having trouble with the neutral switch. There was only two black wires hooked up on one side of...
- Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:20 pm
- Forum: Late model JD crawler technical support
- Topic: A old 455-E help.
- Replies: 19
- Views: 602
Re: A old 455-E help.
Ok, that settles that, I believe it’s a 87 and thank you again for explaining that. When I saw this morning the first thing I did was ask him what he meant by that comment and he said he thought the newer ones had lever steering and what you said answered that.Jim I really appreciate all the input y...
- Thu Sep 24, 2026 10:15 am
- Forum: Late model JD crawler technical support
- Topic: A old 455-E help.
- Replies: 19
- Views: 602
Re: A old 455-E help.
Thanks for your input on the neutral switch and yeah that thought crossed my mind. I first have to find the hot wire that goes to the switch. It has a black wire on one side but nothing on the other side. I’ve found about 6 wires that are floating around not hooked to anything 🤷♂️. I’m wondering if...
- Wed Sep 23, 2026 6:55 pm
- Forum: Late model JD crawler technical support
- Topic: A old 455-E help.
- Replies: 19
- Views: 602
Re: A old 455-E help.
Thank you very much for your information. I was way off on guessing the age of this crawler as I thought it was an early 70’s machine. I think my brother bought one of those books and I will definitely look for the other one. The wiring has been chopped up badly and so far I have the gauges working ...
- Tue Sep 22, 2026 3:28 pm
- Forum: Late model JD crawler technical support
- Topic: A old 455-E help.
- Replies: 19
- Views: 602
A old 455-E help.
I’m a newbie here and I’m not really good with computers, so please be patient, thanks. My brother purchased an older JD 455-E, I have no idea how old it is. Tried looking on the internet but couldn’t find anything. Anyway he started it up the other day while standing on the tracks and it took off w...